Below is a sampling of some of the projects I have worked on. Many of our clients prefer to remain anonymous.
- EZSignsOnline.com¬†– Developed online application (ASP.NET 4.0, SQL Server 2008) to allow customers to dynamically create and order a custom outdoor sign. Also implemented a shopping cart system using .netCART software. This system replaced a paper-based ordering form,¬†allowing the customer to begin selling online.
- The Salvage Center, Inc.¬†– Made it possible for a small company to viably compete with its larger competitors through effective strategy and technology.¬†Designed multi-tier web-based auctioning system (ASP.NET 4.0, Ajax, SQL Server 2008). Performed comprehensive business analysis. Replaced legacy FoxPro application with new line of business application built on the DevExpress XpressApp Framework (XAF). ¬†Designed WPF-based software to catalog and upload digital photographs. Decreased overhead and helped company grow nearly 25%.
- Lutco, Inc.¬†– Increased functionality of IT systems across the organization in a cost-effective manner.¬†Developed custom data acquisition and reporting tools to integrate with Infor ERP SyteLine. Provided migration services for MAPICS Point.Man to Infor ERP SyteLine. Initiated complete redesign of corporate website (Lutco.com). Created marketing materials for company’s 60th anniversary. Assisted with acquisition and integration of manufacturing firm. Provided implementation services for Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- TackoftheDay.com¬†– Worked with customer to develop an innovative marketing plan and implement it into a successful online business — a unique retail site to market one industry-specific item per day. Automated nearly every aspect of operations,¬†dramatically increasing profit for a traditional retail business and rapidly making Tack of the Day the most profitable aspect of their business.Through the use of ASP.NET and SQL Server, the site has been able to easily scale as it grows. Web services are used to syndicate content to a network of sites, and reports are integrated into Windows Sharepoint Services. A downloadable Windows Forms application notifies hundreds of customers of daily updates.
- Bit of Britain, Inc.¬†– Our expertise resulted in targeted upgrades of systems to meet client’s specific requirements.¬†Provide fully remote network management and support, while also providing support services for POSitive point of sale application. Developed e-mail retention and tracking system, improving customer service capabilities. Implemented Windows 2000 solution to replace Windows NT server.
- The Health Found of Central Massachusetts¬†– Designed custom web content management system to allow client to dynamically modify its website (ASP & SQL Server),¬†eliminating thousands of dollars in client expenses¬†for minor ongoing changes. Designed web-based non-profit directory application. Developed Internet event registration system (ASP.NET 2.0 & SQL Server 2005),¬†allowing the Foundation to hold large scale events without hiring an event coordination firm.¬†Created online searchable grant database system to reduce effort necessary to update website with the latest financial information.
- AOtec, LLC¬†– Assisted client in development of a license compliance plan to facilitate sale of the company. Provided systems consultation services to help a government contractor transition to a managed, organized information systems architecture, including: implementation of a new database server, rebuild of file server, integration of enterprise anti-virus software, evaluation and reorganization of user security, optimization of physical network structure, evaluation and implementation of backup / disaster recovery plan, design of corporate acceptable computing use policy, and rebuild of many client computers.¬†These efforts prepared the company to survive the attack of a devastating virus. The disaster recovery effort we enabled saved the company from total data loss.
- Foster Corporation¬†– Replaced aging server infrastructure¬†with new Windows 2000 servers (migrated to Active Directory, Implemented Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Implemented Microsoft Small Business Server 2000).¬†Implemented a Wide Area Network (WAN)¬†between Nevada and Connecticut facilities. Created custom reports based on ACCPAC / SBT ERP system.Enabled the company to gain better insight into manufacturing processes.
- Assumption College¬†– Created custom student information management system to manage alumni relations, centralizing contact and donation data, while¬†increasing the university’s ability to create targeted campaigns.
- The Horse Stuff Company¬†– Independently developed and delivered an end-to-end, web-based ERP / e-Business package for start-up online retailer¬†(sales, inventory, accounting, warehousing, shipping, 600,000+ lines of code, ASP + VB6 + SQL Server). Aided in business plan development and financing efforts. Streamlined operations through implementation of effective information systems
- Northeast Poly Bag¬†– Designed and performed data conversion routines to facilitate ERP implementation project,¬†allowing client to avoid paying large vendor conversion fees, while also providing a close level of coordination between the imported data and actual business operations.
- Fort Pitt Consolidators¬†– Analyzed business needs and developed database-driven transportation logistics management system. Created custom vendor rate quoting application to¬†encourage more competitive quotes and yield cost savings. Provided general PC and network support. Designed customer reports to aid in executive decision-making.
- Bookspan, Inc.¬†– formerly Book of the Month Club – Designed inbound transportation logistics management system for 500,000-square-foot facility. Integrated custom employee performance applications into wireless warehouse management system (WMS). Created employee-centric metrics, including weekly top performer scorecards,¬†yielding cost reductions and increases in productivity.